Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I took this picture while I was in The Ohio State Library.
I found the architect's obsession with glass very interesting.
It was used in a very elegant and impressive way-it highlighted the massiveness of the building in a more modern way.
In this photograph I captured the glass of the stairs going up and down, the glass wall in the main part of the library and also the glass used as the ceiling in the main entrance of the building. The reflective elements are truly impressive in person!
This made it appear more "homey" and inviting for the viewer. I could tell the architect was concerned with this because there was a very strong element of comfortablity. There were fun couches and places to study all over !






1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoy the composition and elements, but I would like to see you re-shoot it (umm next time you're there lol), since this is a bit lacking in crisp detail. Maybe you were moving?

    ReplyDelete